Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

^The Pelagos is sooo good

Site Supporter
    Interesting Watches of Espionage write up on Marathons. @GJM

https://www.watchesofespionage.com/b...0ca57476&_ss=r

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    ^The Pelagos is sooo good
    You like the original or 39mm?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have the original release from 2013. I have large hands/wrist and the size is perfect for me. It’s heavy enough to feel substantial, light enough to wear 24/7, and super cool in titanium. The bracelet is super comfy and I can wear it from the beach to the boardroom.

Mine has been on the side of the road fixing a diesel, jackhammering concrete, on the roof roofing, and moving heavy equipment around. It does it all.

It’s a bit beat up, but that reflects the work it’s seen
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-08-2024 at 12:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I've had the Blue 42mm for 3 years now and it's a nice piece. I am looking forward to getting hands on with an FXD and 39mm though. I think the proportions of the 39mm would suit my wrist a little better, and the FXD is just plain cool.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    It’s heavy enough to feel substantial, light enough to wear 24/7, and super cool in titanium. The bracelet is super comfy and I can wear it from the beach to the boardroom.
    That sounds like Tudor ad copy -- my use case would be it is light enough to wear it from the range to the bathroom!

I've had my LHD exactly 6 months today. It's as close to perfection as any watch I've ever owned and it's taken most the fun out of looking at other watches. I will say, though, that I'm sorely tempted by the Tactical Frog FXD homage. For $180, sapphire crystal, ti case, fully lumed ceramic bezel (even if it's a funky 48 clicks). I would beat that watch the way I wouldn't beat a $4k actual Tudor FXD, even though they're made for it.
    Last edited by DMCutter; 05-08-2024 at 01:46 PM.

Sort of a bummer that the 39mm Pelagos doesn't have the auto adjust spring clasp like the original.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Sort of a bummer that the 39mm Pelagos doesn't have the auto adjust spring clasp like the original.
    No. It's not. As someone who owns both, Tudor's T-Fit is way better than the Pelagos clasp IMO.

User Tag List