Page 432 of 433 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433 LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4330

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

There is too much good info in this thread for me to resist buying a Beretta LTT PX4 Storm Compact Carry from Langdon Tactical to try out.

Name:  PX4CC.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  96.1 KB

The orange JM custom kydex WC2.5 long holster under a sweatshirt with bold graphics is very discreet and comfortable. I hardly know I'm carrying a handgun.

A big THANK YOU is in order to both Langdon Tactical for offering the pistol & JM Custom for the supplying holster!
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Site Supporter
    Same. Picked these up from my FFL today.
    Name:  20240517_202923.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  59.6 KB

I picked up a PX4 Compact a few days ago. From the 400+ pages of this thread, I thought it might be nice to explore outside my CZ comfort zone. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I'm pretty please with my purchase.

Name:  2024-05-18_16-21-19.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  100.3 KB

Now I just need to decide what changes I want to make, and in what sequence.

Never say never!
    I managed to remove the original LTT PX4 CC2 (non-tritium) front sight that my recently purchased pistol came with and replace it by mounting an AmeriGlo Tritium front sight to my LTT Compact Carry Beretta without any special tools other than a heavy bench vice with padded jaws, some denim cloth to protect the slide along with a brass drift and a small hammer. I've read elsewhere that I should have sent this off to a properly equipped gunsmith, but I'm too much of a "do-it-yourselfer" not to try it myself.

I should preface this by saying; don't try this at home kids! I have decades of amateur experience working on my flintlock muzzleloaders, plus I got lucky this time. I worked very slowly and carefully.

The AmeriGlo Tritium front sight is very visible to my older eyes. I left the original LTT rear sight since the notch appears to be the same width as the rear that came in the set with the AmeriGlo front sight. I understand the rear sights are staked in place from inside and I didn't really feel like removing the de-cocker and firing pin mechanism this afternoon. I'll get around soon to taking the pistol to the range to see if the rear sight needs to be changed out or somehow modified for my use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

I picked up a new PX4 Compact Carry 2. Coincidentally, a few days ago the Langdon Trigger Job In a Bag came back i to stock for the first time in months. So I picked that up and installed it. Double action is not noticeably different, but single action and reset are drastically improved.
    The gun shoots great. I don’t feel a difference in perceived recall between this and the full size. The side does not always go the last 1/4” into battery when manually manipulating the side. There is some resistance over that last bit of travel. But it wasn’t an issue when shooting, using the slide release or slingshotting it from slide lock. The gun did shoot several inches low at 20 yards with 115grain and 124 grain. Anybody else have that issue?

I will be sending the slide into Langdon for an optic cut, so I don’t care too much as long as the replacement irons shoot to POA.

Anyone know what the plastic shroud is on the front part of the recoil spring assembly? My full size PX4 doesn’t have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    Name:  2024-05-18_16-21-19.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  100.3 KB

Now I just need to decide what changes I want to make, and in what sequence.
    My vote for Change #1 is replace the decocker levers. Stealth or Carry, doesn't matter, but those OEM wings have just got to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    The gun did shoot several inches low at 20 yards with 115grain and 124 grain. Anybody else have that issue?
    I made the same mod - Ameriglo front, OEM rear. I think the Ameriglo is a couple thousandths taller, but I never measured to be sure. That said, I'm not a good enough shooter to worry about it. I like the square orange front and the white dots in the rear. Just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    Anyone know what the plastic shroud is on the front part of the recoil spring assembly? My full size PX4 doesn’t have it.

It's a space-filler between the slide and the frame at the front of the gun. I don't have a full-size so I can't speak to the difference in the frames besides the length, but without the "shroud" there's a gap in the front of the compact.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    Never say never!
    I managed to remove the original LTT PX4 CC2 (non-tritium) front sight that my recently purchased pistol came with and replace it by mounting an AmeriGlo Tritium front sight to my LTT Compact Carry Beretta without any special tools other than a heavy bench vice with padded jaws, some denim cloth to protect the slide along with a brass drift and a small hammer. I've read elsewhere that I should have sent this off to a properly equipped gunsmith, but I'm too much of a "do-it-yourselfer" not to try it myself.

I should preface this by saying; don't try this at home kids! I have decades of amateur experience working on my flintlock muzzleloaders, plus I got lucky this time. I worked very slowly and carefully.

The AmeriGlo Tritium front sight is very visible to my older eyes. I left the original LTT rear sight since the notch appears to be the same width as the rear that came in the set with the AmeriGlo front sight. I understand the rear sights are staked in place from inside and I didn't really feel like removing the de-cocker and firing pin mechanism this afternoon. I'll get around soon to taking the pistol to the range to see if the rear sight needs to be changed out or somehow modified for my use.
    Wait, the CC2 doesn’t come with the tritium front anymore?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    No. Nothing coming out of Italy does, they changed the law regarding the use of tritium.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I saw a Langdon video sometime back, that indicated Italy doesn't allow tritium anymore. Since these are production guns, no tritium. However, Langdon has the Ameriglo sights with tritium available, so you can have that added if you buy from LTT.

User Tag List