Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caleb strikes again

While I appreciate the concerns about the ejector rod, can we all just pause and reflect for a moment about how awesome it is that this thing is called “The Roscoe?”

The marketing (and price) suggest that it’s aimed toward Noir Cosplay as much as actual defensive use.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    A modern revolver with an exposed and floating ejector rod is just stupid.
    I think it's supposed to be a repro of some kind of revolver from the 30's. I'm not exactly sure which revolver though. Possibly a Colt New Service. The company seems to be making firearms that look old. I've never heard of the company. Is it Taurus?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    While I appreciate the concerns about the ejector rod, can we all just pause and reflect for a moment about how awesome it is that this thing is called “The Roscoe?”

The marketing (and price) suggest that it’s aimed toward Noir Cosplay as much as actual defensive use.
    I am down with whatever gets people to buy revolvers. Especially people who don’t have revolvers.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. I’m not sure I like that the exposed ejector rod isn’t latched at the front, that is something I’ve never liked about a lot of classic Colts. At least they gave it a protective guard.
    I wonder if there’s a ball detent on the yoke.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I like snubs, so I like the idea.

Taurus’ blueing is not bad (not many blued revolvers around new these days), and with the advertised weight at 22 ounces (on the Heritage website) for the 2 inch model and 23.5 for the 3 inch tube, should be nice to shoot. Price seems good also.

I don’t prefer the “faux” lug under the barrel.

Another video, with more context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One would have looked good in the glovebox of my ‘65 Skylark.
    '68 Charger

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think it's supposed to be a repro of some kind of revolver from the 30's. I'm not exactly sure which revolver though. Possibly a Colt New Service. The company seems to be making firearms that look old. I've never heard of the company. Is it Taurus?
    They started as their own company (I think) making single action .22 revolvers. My sister had one of those in the '90's. Kind of the Jennings of SA revolvers back then: dirt cheap, well under a hundred bucks through Shotgun News, with all the build quality of a Yugo assembled end of day not just Friday but the Friday before a holiday weekend. Looks like Taurus acquired them about a decade ago. Not sure if the quality has improved but still see their single actions at box store gun counters like Cabelas sometimes. Look better made now than then but still not all that. Then again, that 90's era one has pretty well set an opinion that could be biasing me a bit...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    They started as their own company (I think) making single action .22 revolvers. My sister had one of those in the '90's. Kind of the Jennings of SA revolvers back then: dirt cheap, well under a hundred bucks through Shotgun News, with all the build quality of a Yugo assembled end of day not just Friday but the Friday before a holiday weekend. Looks like Taurus acquired them about a decade ago. Not sure if the quality has improved but still see their single actions at box store gun counters like Cabelas sometimes. Look better made now than then but still not all that. Then again, that 90's era one has pretty well set an opinion that could be biasing me a bit...
    Hundred dollar firearms seem to sell well. I personally saw a Jennings launch a bolt into a shooters face. Guy almost lost an eye. Reinforced my belief in eye protection. I documented the entire thing in case he wanted to sue the company. I don't think he did.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Looks like a great choice for someone else.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

User Tag List