Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1212

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

I’m currently giving the Macro frame a try. It’s a lot easier to shoot but is noticeably more difficult to conceal than the XL frame. Sig used new spring and follower designs to basically fit 17 rounds in the same mag body that previously held 15 rounds. I wish what they had done instead was use that new tech to design a 15 round magazine that was slightly shorter than the prior 15 round magazine and build the Macro around that. Then they would have had a gun with G19 capacity that was smaller than a G19 in every dimension (height, slide length, thickness).
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m currently giving the Macro frame a try. It’s a lot easier to shoot but is noticeably more difficult to conceal than the XL frame. Sig used new spring and follower designs to basically fit 17 rounds in the same mag body that previously held 15 rounds. I wish what they had done instead was use that new tech to design a 15 round magazine that was slightly shorter than the prior 15 round magazine and build the Macro around that. Then they would have had a gun with G19 capacity that was smaller than a G19 in every dimension (height, slide length, thickness).
    Lol. I just wrote a very similar post this morning but deleted the draft because I couldn’t phrase it right. I like the Macro but the XL is easier for me to live with from a carry standpoint.

So, will a Macro follower and spring work in a 12 round XL magazine body? Has anyone tried?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Lol. I just wrote a very similar post this morning but deleted the draft because I couldn’t phrase it right. I like the Macro but the XL is easier for me to live with from a carry standpoint.

So, will a Macro follower and spring work in a 12 round XL magazine body? Has anyone tried?
    Literally why I chop all my macro frames down to xl length

Haven't tried that but may need to

Probably would lose some rounds as the macro spring is much longer

Strike industry products are eh. But their p365 frame is a good design

Macro follower and spring in a xl mag body will fit 13 rounds. Baseplate won't lock in but won't move when loaded

Hand cycled all 13 rounds fine

I bet if you cut the spring it would fit 14

Site Supporter

I’ve been screaming for this since I got my Macro. Id sacrifice several rounds for a mag that is flush fitting; don’t even need to redesign the grip. It’s not too bad as is. The grip itself is the same size as a G19s and the front of the XL grip actually comes down just as far. I’m just pissed they added a half inch just to say “17 rOUndS!!”. I care even less for a 21 rnd mag for a carry gun. But I don’t compete so not judging the above opinion.

I got an XL grip to carry with. Although I do carry in winter with the Macro grip.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I’ve been screaming for this since I got my Macro. Id sacrifice several rounds for a mag that is flush fitting; don’t even need to redesign the grip. It’s not too bad as is. The grip itself is the same size as a G19s and the front of the XL grip actually comes down just as far. I’m just pissed they added a half inch just to say “17 rOUndS!!”. I care even less for a 21 rnd mag for a carry gun. But I don’t compete so not judging the above opinion.

I got an XL grip to carry with. Although I do carry in winter with the Macro grip.
    It reminds me of the G48, where the grip is fine for me but the baseplate digs into my palm.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I want an xl sized 14 round mag

For awhile I was using a Macro-K grip frame but surprisingly the full size conceals as well or better on me. (6’4 225). I suspect it’s because any grip printing is moved outboard so my shirt drapes from my right pec over it more generously. If I slide a shorter grip over there then the dot starts printing.

So I’ve been using a full size macro with FDEZ3 backstrap and TLR7 for both EDC and running (Enigma) and have zero complaints. EDC with a spare mag and running with “just” what’s in the gun.

My presentations aren’t quite as consistent as with my G19 due to the thin grip in my XL hahd. But Macro hides better and with more comfort even though it’s close to G45 height.

User Tag List