Page 683 of 683 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683
Results 6,821 to 6,825 of 6825

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus7 View Post
    I would have originally ordered from Fusion, had I known about them, but I did just order a tritium rear aperture from them. Great pricing & quick shipping.
    Fusion has been around for quite a while. Bob Serva was the president of Dan Wesson until CZ bought it. Fusions main business was 1911 subcontracting and became the North American LPA distributor when Bomar went under. The shotgun sights are just the side affect of the 1911 target sights business.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Bob Serva was the president of Dan Wesson until CZ bought it.
    I enjoy his instructional videos.

I thought I'd provide an update on the progress of my modification/equipping of my 1301 so others can learn from my mistakes and not-mistakes-just learning.

I first started modding the OEM stock and forend. I liked them both and the OEM LOP was good for me. I added QD cups to the buttstock and experimented with lights, but ended up unhappy with the light situation.

Name:  IMG_2285.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2279.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2278.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2283.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  67.8 KB

The lack of available mounting options left me dissatisfied and I really didn't like the how much the light stuck out to the side and was a snag hazard. So like many, I opted to get the Magpul/Arridus furniture. I switched to a different light and set up as shown below.

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 11.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  44.4 KB

I want to clarify something here. I didn't go out and buy the lights and mounts, I already had them and tried to use existing gear. It looked good, but when I tried it out at a Halloween themed 3-gun night shoot, it failed miserably. The light moved under recoil and after a few shots, it had shifted enough that I could no longer turn it on. Major bummer/learning experience. Better learned at the range than in my house at night...when I just woke up...naked. The lesson was that a simple compression mount might work for an AR, but not a 12 ga.

I had a Scout light I wasn't using on another gun at the moment, so I mounted it. The tailcap would work, but the sling was an annoyance.

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 12.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  45.2 KB

The next evolution was to move the light to the right side of the gun and put a pressure pad on the left. Still not perfect because of the cord. If you go this option, you're limited to Surefire, which is a good choice, but it's expensive. Magpul makes the pocket that attaches to the M-Lok slots. I don't like exposed cords, so I used some hockey stick tape to cover and anchor it to the handguard. The ends just wrapped inside the handguard.

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 4.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 5.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 6.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 8.jpg
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 9.jpg
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 10.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  44.7 KB

This setup worked very well, though I made one interim mod to the forend midway through the Thunderstick Summit in October 2023. The push-pull technique to manage recoil requires you to push forward on the forearm. The stock Zhukov forend is too slick and my hand kept slipping forward. So I stippled it to achieve enough traction to hold it in place and not have to shift my hand every other shot. This helped a lot! It's enough to work with gloves yet isn't too much for bare skin. FYI, if you are going to shoot a lot in a short time, that barrel gets HOT and you need gloves.

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 13.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 14.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  35.8 KB

When Aridus announced their new parts, I was excited. So when the retro kit was available to pre-order, I did it. Truthfully though, after I had done it, I wondered whether it was worth the cost? What would a couple extra M-Lok slots do for me? But when they arrived and I got it all put together, I'm very pleased. As shown below, I shifted the light to the front cap, and the pad to the right side as well, again securing the cord loop with some hockey tape. I need to add a QD cup to the left side for the front sling mount (I know I have one, I just can't find it after organizing shit!!). The handguard is easier to remove and install when stripping the gun. I don't need the mag tube/barrel clamp. Because the Nordic mag extension has a screw on cap and tube, I used some blue Locktite to make sure recoil/vibration didn't cause them to unscrew and I did some witness marks. I'll probably extend my stippling forward for aesthetic reasons, but that's farther than I extend my hand anyway, so we'll see.

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 1.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 2.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  1301 Aridus Cap 3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  100.0 KB

Almost forgot. I didn't have to move the pressure pad to the right side. But now it is in the same location as the Surefire forend on my 870. Probably a small thing, but the less I have to think about where and how I activate the light, the better.
    Last edited by Dorsai; 05-12-2024 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    You might also be able to fit and grind an even thinner pad (something comparable to the X22 pad) for the Beretta stock (I have not done it, but it looks simple...).
    And I feel ya, I am not super short (~5'9") but my arms are disproportionally short, buying long sleeve shirts is always a hassle because the shirts that fit my torso (and hide my pistol....) tend to have sleeves that reach my knuckles.
    Do you happen to know if the Magpul stock with Aridus stock adapter vs the GGG has a different LOP?

The new Aridus is .45” thick and the GGG is .75” thick.

User Tag List