Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How loose are we talking? I assume if I pull the FP and FP spring then slide the FPS back in, there should be no noticeable wiggle?
    On the OEM FPS, you could move it when locked into place with a punch and it moved loosly when the FP and Spring were removed. In comparison, the EGW is tighter than a vault with the lockup. Just slightly too much material removed in the extractor channel of the FPS.

It runs fine. I appreciate the checkering, the sights, and the ambi safety. It’s a lot of 1911 for $400.

Name:  IMG_4961.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  46.0 KB

I recently ordered two sets of Tisas U Notch Rear and Fiber Optic Front Sights which I plan on putting on two Tisas with Novak like sights. Hope I can get it done with my MGW Sight Tool. https://tisasusa.com/tisas-1911-sigh...-u-notch-rear/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I recently ordered two sets of Tisas U Notch Rear and Fiber Optic Front Sights which I plan on putting on two Tisas with Novak like sights. Hope I can get it done with my MGW Sight Tool. https://tisasusa.com/tisas-1911-sigh...-u-notch-rear/
    I replaced my Stingrays sights with the MGW tool. I soaked it with Kroil and let it sit for twenty four hours. The MGW wouldn't budge it on removal. I resulted to driving the sight off with a steel punch and hammer. After removing a bit of material from the bottom of the new sight, it went on using the MGW without incident. The front sights swapped without issue, using the MGW.

Just be willing to trash the original sight. I think Tisas installs their sights with an arbor press, they're really on there.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The non standard dovetails are really important to meeting my requirement that every 1911 I own be unsatisfactory in some really minor but very specific, concrete way.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    The non standard dovetails are really important to meeting my requirement that every 1911 I own be unsatisfactory in some really minor but very specific, concrete way.
    Everything else is pretty standard. Nothing else revealed any unexpected drama during fitting. But, why would you use a non-standard dovetail on the most modified pistol in history? Especially when the sights are the most commonly replaced parts on a 1911.

So far, it's the only real fail I've seen.

Over 3k rounds on the Tank Commander as of today. Solid, with a complete lack of drama.

Last weekend I used it for qualification at the Old Retired Geezer Shoot. The Range Master asked if they let me carry it at the courthouse. When I said no he replied, "Well they should!" 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Over 3k rounds on the Tank Commander as of today. Solid, with a complete lack of drama.

Last weekend I used it for qualification at the Old Retired Geezer Shoot. The Range Master asked if they let me carry it at the courthouse. When I said no he replied, "Well they should!" 😀
    I love my alpha foxtrot but keep getting tempted on a tank commander

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I love my alpha foxtrot but keep getting tempted on a tank commander
    At $400 how tempting does it have to get?

User Tag List