Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best for astigmatism

You are correct an Etched recital will give you the least amount of distortion. This is largely because the light is being projected away from your eye rather than toward it. Holosun has a reputation of having better glass when it comes to distortion and astigmatism. Green is normally better for most people than Red. And turning the brightness down for me always helps to decrease the flares.

I recently had cataract surgery which helped with my astigmatism. It didn't fix it completely but it did help. Now I have to take my reading glasses off to not get the light flares.

I have two astigmatisms. Yes, they keep me from seeing a "perfect" dot in most cases. However, I'm not focusing or fixating on the dot. When I look at Aimpoint T1/T2/etc., I see two semi-colons on their sides. When I look at Acros or similar dots, I see a flaming grenade or bowling ball.

The Holosun multiple reticles let me use the open circle; it's probably the most consistent. Steiner's MPS is likely the cleanest single dot for my eyes. Apex Tactical makes a revolver mount for the Acro footprint, hence the Steiner recommendation.

Vortex has put this out:

Name:  b-vortex_astigmatism.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  29.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I have two astigmatisms. Yes, they keep me from seeing a "perfect" dot in most cases. However, I'm not focusing or fixating on the dot. When I look at Aimpoint T1/T2/etc., I see two semi-colons on their sides. When I look at Acros or similar dots, I see a flaming grenade or bowling ball.

The Holosun multiple reticles let me use the open circle; it's probably the most consistent. Steiner's MPS is likely the cleanest single dot for my eyes. Apex Tactical makes a revolver mount for the Acro footprint, hence the Steiner recommendation.

Vortex has put this out:

Name:  b-vortex_astigmatism.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  29.3 KB
    I get the 2nd variations, it looks like the Windows busy wheel. The Circle Dot works well for me. And the Circle with Hash marks at 12,3,6,&9 and center dot work the best although it can be a bit busy.

Subscribed. Astigmatism is my nemesis, with most dot sights. Corrected or uncorrected. The Trijicon green triangle worked well, in my case, but only in appropriate lighting conditions; not best for general handgun use. The ACRO seems to be the best of the pistol-sized red dots that I have tried, but, during the Panic-Demic supply crunch, I gave up on finding those very special batteries that the P-1 requires, so, I shelved the whole idea of dotted guns, mothballing my milled G45 upper, with its ACRO P-1. Only recently have I resurrected this red dot pistol thing, and see that Amazon now has Renata batteries available.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm dealing with Astigmatism since I can remember myself, anyway I recently discover something interesting that works perfect for ME.
    I purchased the EPS carry 6.0-MOA, turning the intensity of the dot down to #2-3 brightness setting I can actually see a perfect ROUND dot.
    YMMV

Good luck

Simong.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I know its been discussed before, but tech improves Im interested in what is the current best red dot is for astigmatism.
    I assume Ill need a small dot as Ill be shooting for groups.
    Its going on a revolver so I assume picatinny I havent looked into that part yet.
    I strongly prefer an American company.
    I know I saw this discussed but now I cant find it.
    I know @HCM seemed to be up to date.
    I'm told my astigmatism is mild but in any case, it renders every product I've looked through from Aimpoint awful and un-usable to me. Like the Comp M4 on a carbine dot looking like a 12 MOA banana at 100. My son's Micro, same deal.

But I've got two Holosuns, a 407CO and an EPS and they're crisp and wonderful.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List