Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Who makes that holster sir? Looks great

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Who makes that holster sir? Looks great
    Mark Garrity.

Curious if anyone on here knows of a dealer (especially in Ohio) that would have one of the 442 UC or 642 UC's in stock at the moment? Would greatly appreciate a message with information. Thanks if so...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Curious if anyone on here knows of a dealer (especially in Ohio) that would have one of the 442 UC or 642 UC's in stock at the moment? Would greatly appreciate a message with information. Thanks if so...
    See Post 938, the member offered to PM a dealer's info for Ohio.

My FFL called and my 432UC arrived today. I'll be able to get to it next week being busy out-of-town right now.
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM14035
    Last edited by L-2; 05-01-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I recently purchased a 632UC. It has 355 rounds through it, about half of which were 32 S&W Long and the other half 32 H&R Magnum. It shoots incredibly well and is the best snub nose revolver I have ever owned. I replaced the VZ grips with an old set of LG-105 laser grips that I had laying around that were too uncomfortable to use on J frame 38s. I plan to pocket carry the gun with 32 H&R Magnum ammo.

Am presently carrying the Lost River wadcutter with Federal 85 gr JHP for a reload. I would love to see more offerings in 32 H&R from the ammunition manufacturers, to include more affordable practice ammunition (i.e. American Eagle) and some modern defensive ammo, assuming they could get it to work properly out of a snub (would love to see HST & Gold Dot).

Lipsey's has done a remarkable job with the Ultimate Carry series and I look forward to seeing what other projects are in the works. It's also nice to see S&W get back to making revolvers again that folks are excited about.

There is a vid of the Federal 85 jhp in homemade Organic 2 Layer denim full expansion, 4 layer pretty good expansion/deformation where would act like a larger diameter wadcutter at that point so this would be top load IMO...also supposed to hit POA.

Just an fyi

I shot my 632UC today after installing a new front sight from @JEC (drilling the sight was terrifying, but doable).

The good:

It's very comfortable to shoot-- far more comfortable than an airweight .38.

The bad:

I was shooting at a steel target from about 20 yards, and wasn't getting any hits at all. I hung a paper target at about 10 yards, and discovered my shots were grouping 7-8" left.

I also got a light strike every cylinder shooting the Lost River wadcutters. They all went off the second time around.

So far this has been a fairly frustrating experience.

Site Supporter
    I really want to see these work out, but can't justify dropping the coin until the issues go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I shot my 632UC today after installing a new front sight from @JEC (drilling the sight was terrifying, but doable).

The good:

It's very comfortable to shoot-- far more comfortable than an airweight .38.

The bad:

I was shooting at a steel target from about 20 yards, and wasn't getting any hits at all. I hung a paper target at about 10 yards, and discovered my shots were grouping 7-8" left.

I also got a light strike every cylinder shooting the Lost River wadcutters. They all went off the second time around.

So far this has been a fairly frustrating experience.

That sucks. My rear sight was slightly left of center when I received it and shot a bit left @ the range (not 7"-8" of impact @ 10 yards though). Tapped it over to center and it is now dead on. Light strikes could be the gun or it could be the ammo (primers either too hard and/or not seated all the way). I don't know what primers, domestic or foreign, are used in the LR ammo so no idea as to hardness. You could try it with some Federal to narrow the problem down to the ammo or the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    That sucks. My rear sight was slightly left of center when I received it and shot a bit left @ the range (not 7"-8" of impact @ 10 yards though). Tapped it over to center and it is now dead on. Light strikes could be the gun or it could be the ammo (primers either too hard and/or not seated all the way). I don't know what primers, domestic or foreign, are used in the LR ammo so no idea as to hardness. You could try it with some Federal to narrow the problem down to the ammo or the gun.
    My rear sight looks centered...I've got some Hornady Critical Defense coming, so I'll see how that does.

User Tag List