Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short-Fused Enabling, Self-Littering Ed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    While I mostly shoot Glocks, I have found a new love for metal/alloy framed 9mms. I recently picked up a Beretta 92FS, did the LTT make over and love it!

That got me thinking about picking up a P225. I have always wanted one of those, but living in CA makes finding used guns hit or miss. Then along comes a local deal for a 95% Sig P239 with six magazines for $650. It looks like factory Sig magazines are about 45 dollars a piece, so in my enabling gun math formula, that would make the pistol about 380 dollars. I am not sure how I can pass this up. I think it would scratch the P225 itch as well.

I don't know much about the P239 other than it appears to be a solid gun, accurate, and was once a competitor with the Glock 19. It appears to be a duty quality gun and had some acceptance in the LEO realm.

What do you all think, should I pick it up? Any thoughts on the P239? It would strictly be for fun and shooting in the desert.
    Go for it!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Someone else must employ my system of math because I went back to get it today and it was gone....always buy on first impulse is the lesson I learned today.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    What do you all think, should I pick it up? Any thoughts on the P239? It would strictly be for fun and shooting in the desert.
    I traded for a 9mm P239 last year, and actually got mad about how nice it is to shoot. I should have gotten one way sooner!

Speaking of Sigs I'd love to buy: Sig Sauer P220 45 ACP made in Germany $499
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

[QUOTE=Joe in PNG;1575877]I traded for a 9mm P239 last year, and actually got mad about how nice it is to shoot. I should have gotten one way sooner!

Speaking of Sigs I'd love to buy: [URL="https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1046635634"]Sig Sauer P220 45 ACP made in Germany $4
    Ok Sig Talk....

Why is made in Germany more desired? Is the folded slide a little less heavy or feels lower or balanced or what?

If one has felt and liked E2 grips, and loves the Short Reset Trigger, even some of these pd trade in's is there anyway to tell if they do have the short reset trigger? Because I am not sure I would want regular, or have one regular and with with the SRT...not the short reach

Were old school DA/SA US Sigs good to go until a certain year QC wise?

[QUOTE=Ghost Dog;1575881]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I traded for a 9mm P239 last year, and actually got mad about how nice it is to shoot. I should have gotten one way sooner!

Speaking of Sigs I'd love to buy: [URL="https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1046635634"]Sig Sauer P220 45 ACP made in Germany $4
    Ok Sig Talk....

Why is made in Germany more desired? Is the folded slide a little less heavy or feels lower or balanced or what?

If one has felt and liked E2 grips, and loves the Short Reset Trigger, even some of these pd trade in's is there anyway to tell if they do have the short reset trigger? Because I am not sure I would want regular, or have one regular and with with the SRT...not the short reach

Were old school DA/SA US Sigs good to go until a certain year QC wise?
    I'm not a Sig expert, and only posted it because the price is nice for a 220.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

[QUOTE=Joe in PNG;1576032]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

I'm not a Sig expert, and only posted it because the price is nice for a 220.
    It is, and I may be watching thanks

hmmm Thanks...
    I think it's DAK no decocker.

Good looking out.

3% fee no usps money order option too...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    This .40 239 comes with CT grips and nine magazines.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    This .40 239 comes with CT grips and nine magazines.
    Now that is interesting... thanks
    so I looked up loaded weights one thread saying 9mm 8+1 124 is 34 oz...
    .40 someone said 38.5 7+1 180 gr is 38.5...

Was hoping it hit my typical max of 35ish ounces and was hoping that would be with a +1 base added. Above that I can do but short jaunts not more than a few hours...

I did just find two really great deals on new stuff online though so idk....

If I don't grab it someone should...

User Tag List