Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Only "one watch"/only "two watch"

Be fifteen minutes early for everything. And get yourself a watch with no minute markers. The over/under on seconds won’t matter 🤣

Name:  IMG_1362.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  41.0 KB

Honestly, I've learned that I am hard on things. So I don't bother with watches that are too nice anymore.

And while I want to say one of my basic Seikos or Vostoks, the truth is that I wear my low end Citizen almost everyday. I like the nerdiness of the mechanicals, but get tired of correcting the time.

In all it's scratched and scuffed glory:
    Name:  IMG_20240504_181551114.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  24.9 KB

But I get a lot of use out of this one, even:

Name:  61WKEiiB-fL._AC_UY1000_.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  35.6 KB
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Anyone familiar with the Sangin Kinetic 2:

https://sangininstruments.com/products/kinetic-ii
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

First I’ve seen or heard of them, interesting and specs all sound good especially for the price. Back story and name are very cool, I didn’t find any info on where they are built or parts sourced from.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone familiar with the Sangin Kinetic 2:

https://sangininstruments.com/products/kinetic-ii
    I really, really like mine for what it is: a robust quartz GMT. The lume is also pretty “wow”. Until Marathon makes a 12 hour bezel for the GSAR it’ll probably stay as my primary “tool” watch.

I’ll probably pick up an Overlord at the next release just to have a lower-profile GMT.

You do have to drink the kool-aid a bit, as they do enjoy a comfortable margin but I have also slept in the actual Sangin more nights than I would have liked, so I’m okay with “leaning into the brand” a bit. And I’m not really about micro-brands besides Scurfa.

Sangin keeps saying they have the ability to stock most of their quartz products but eBay resellers and the “tactical pokemon collectors” really hammer them at every drop.

If a fourth hand isn’t a requirement, the new CWC Sea Falcon has a 12 hr bezel, some classic vibes, and meets the “bombproof quartz requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    First I’ve seen or heard of them, interesting and specs all sound good especially for the price. Back story and name are very cool, I didn’t find any info on where they are built or parts sourced from.
    Like (almost) every micro-brand, I would expect parts and perhaps assembly in Hong Kong or Singapore, and then QC happens domestically. I think the autos are assembled stateside.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 05-06-2024 at 12:03 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

These kind of reports are the reason I predicted this would be the second most expensive thread on PF!

A day or two ago, I was speaking with Darryl Bolke about his Rolex GMT Master II. He has had it 38 years. Was wearing it at every significant event in his life, like birth, death, marriage, and lethal force, and used it to note the time that thing happened. It has been back to Rolex three or four times, and he couldn't imagine being without it. It is literally part of who he is.

anyone follow watchesofespionage on IG? they've got cools writeups, and make some mention of the Sangin guys.

I REALLY like the look of the MKii paradive series. https://mkiiwatches.com

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I have been compiling the list of watches we seem to like under a G:

Victorinox
    Marathon Quartz
    G-Shocks of various stripes

I'm a bit surprised no one has said Seiko?

Has anyone tried any of the Bertucci field watches? Their TI case variants are aesthetically pleasing (to me).

---

I'll go more into use case:

Field/EDC watch. Environments from Bio Labs, college classroom, to spelunking in ice caves, walking field transects in the Snake River range, rappelling into caves in the Mojave, running an air chisel and welding in my home garage.

Musts: Analog. Accurate. Hack complication. 40mm or less case size.

Prefer: Mechanical (hand wind is fine). Arabic numerals at 3-6-9-12, second hashes, minimalist design**. Decent brand recognition among non-watch nerds*.

Budget: $1k - I might be able to squeeze this up to $2500. So you can recommend in the range from 0-2500 but the top end will need to be compelling (and I know it's a low top end for big brands).

*I say this - because this thing has to be a statement about not just function but form.

**remember this is a guy who likes 1911s and Colt revolvers built before 1955 and cars built before 1973.
    I got a ti bertucci last Christmas. It was under $300, keeps time, and I think it looks great. I am not a watch guy so that's basically I look at in a watch 😆

User Tag List