Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte shooting: 3 US Marshals TF members killed, 5 officers injured

God Bless Them

May God Bless them and all of their families as well as their brothers and sisters in blue who lay their life on the line every time they go to work.

I’m 84 years old, and can never remember a time in our country when law enforcement was under such relentless and vicious attack.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

What really bothers me are the comments on the interwebs that are basically calling the suspect a damn hero. It doesn’t help when the CMPD Chief calls him a “victim”.

Just damn.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    What really bothers me are the comments on the interwebs that are basically calling the suspect a damn hero. It doesn’t help when the CMPD Chief calls him a “victim”.

Just damn.
    I haven't seen that anywhere. What is their reasoning?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    May God Bless them and all of their families as well as their brothers and sisters in blue who lay their life on the line every time they go to work.

I’m 84 years old, and can never remember a time in our country when law enforcement was under such relentless and vicious attack.

George
    Not to diminish this horrible event in any way, but sadly, this kind of vicious anti-law enforcement violence isn’t at all new:

Days of Rage: America's Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence https://a.co/d/8ILPKMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rest in peace

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Not to diminish this horrible event in any way, but sadly, this kind of vicious anti-law enforcement violence isn’t at all new:

Days of Rage: America's Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not exactly. I’ve not seen anything linking this suspect to any political groups, radical or otherwise.

For comparable events one need only go back to the second Obama administration:

Five Dallas Officers Were Killed as Payback, Police Chief Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/u...smid=url-share

July 8, 2016
    DALLAS — The heavily armed sniper who gunned down police officers in downtown Dallas, leaving five of them dead, specifically set out to kill as many white officers as he could, officials said Friday. He was a military veteran who had served in Afghanistan, and he kept an arsenal in his home that included bomb-making materials.

The gunman turned a demonstration against fatal police shootings this week of black men in Minnesota and Louisiana from a peaceful march focused on violence committed by officers into a scene of chaos and bloodshed aimed against them.

The shooting was the kind of retaliatory violence that people have feared through two years of protests around the country against deaths in police custody, forcing yet another wrenching shift in debates over race and criminal justice that had already deeply divided the nation.
    Inside the attack on Dallas police headquarters

2016 shooting of Baton Rouge police officers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016...olice_officers

On July 17, 2016, Gavin Eugene Long shot six police officers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in an ambush attack,[9] in the wake of the shooting of Alton Sterling. Four died, including one who was critically wounded and died from complications in 2022, and two others were hospitalized; of the officers who initially died, two were members of the Baton Rouge Police Department, while the third worked for the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office.[10] Long, who associated himself with organizations linked to black separatism and the sovereign citizen movement,[11] was shot and killed by a SWAT officer during a shootout with police at the scene.

May they rest in peace.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Haven't seen any reports on the news about what happened to the two other people they got out of the house, and whether or not they were actually doing any shooting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Haven't seen any reports on the news about what happened to the two other people they got out of the house, and whether or not they were actually doing any shooting themselves.
    Last I saw was that they were cooperating.

Two women, one 17 years old, were also in the home “voluntarily” during the shooting, Jennings said Tuesday. Both were taken into custody and are “fully cooperating” with officials, he said. Neither was charged with any crimes as of Tuesday morning, according to Jennings, but he didn’t rule out possible charges later. Jennings said he could not yet disclose the nature of the relationship between the two women and Hughes. Jennings said an AR-15 rifle and .40 caliber handgun were recovered from the home. He also walked back previous statements that indicated two people shot at law enforcement from the home. “We are not ready to say that,” Jennings said.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...#storylink=cpy

Below is a link to the obituary for William Alden Elliot. Many of you here may have known him on the forum as @Lyonsgrid

https://www.bennettfuneralservice.co...?obId=31365398

I met Alden at a Langdon Tactical class in September 2015, in Culpeper, VA. As I recall, he earned a FAST pin shooting a Beretta 92 at that class, in the presence of ToddG himself! Some of you may have been there too. Since then I had kept in sporadic touch with Alden via social media, just talking about guns, training classes, and LE topics. He was a super nice guy. Many you of you probably enjoyed his posts here. He seemed to always find or build cool guns, like the S&W revolver with a Python barrel, or cool Berettas or 3rd Gen autos, etc.

My heart breaks for his wife and son. I just can't imagine. May God bless and comfort them.

User Tag List