Thread: Aussie Man caught with "guns, drugs, garden tools and blue tongue lizards"

Aussie Man caught with "guns, drugs, garden tools and blue tongue lizards"

Man charged with 35 offences after police seize guns, drugs, garden tools and blue tongue lizards

A 25-year-old man is facing dozens of charges after a raid on a rural property in southern NSW uncovered a raft of allegedly stolen goods including guns, power tools and lizards.
    Police executed the raid in Humula, around 200km west of Canberra, at 6.45am on Wednesday.
    They seized three guns, ammunition, three trail bikes, a luxury watch, a chainsaw, hedge cutter, lawn mower, RMS road signs, number plates and a bogie trailer - all alleged to have been stolen.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Florida Man’s cousin from Down Under?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Shoot! A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Police seized .. garden tools ..

Are garden tools subject to licensing in Australia/UK ? Wouldn't be surprised

/sarcasm

Aussie Man caught with "guns, drugs, garden tools and blue tongue lizards"

… lizards.

If I wanted use a reptile as a weapon, I’d choose a snake with neurotoxic venom. Australia does have some big lizards though. Goannas can bite reasonably hard, but I wouldn’t call them assault lizards.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    … lizards.

If I wanted use a reptile as a weapon, I’d choose a snake with neurotoxic venom. Australia does have some big lizards though. Goannas can bite reasonably hard, but I wouldn’t call them assault lizards.
    Any of those assault lizards you can pocket carry? Asking for a friend…
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    … lizards.

Given the list of "contraband" - I'm guessing the lizards were also stolen? Also, I think Oz has some pretty tough rules on the acquisition/keeping of indigenous fauna. I know when colleagues have worked in WA the permitting process was...onerous.

From the story:

Drugs including cannabis and methamphetamine were also seized
    I am shocked...shocked to learn that methamphetamine was found. I mean truly amaze...okay maybe not really amazed.
    Or shocked. Or even a little surprised...

User Tag List