Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite Bourbon

Bookers, Jefferson's Reserve or Blanton's for me.

Basil Hayden's
    Eagle Rare

Buffalo Trace is my standard "go-to" if the budget is a little tight, although truth be told there are few problems in life you can't solve with a handle of Maker's Mark.

Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek on the pricey end, though I also keep a bottle of Old Forester around, one of the more underrated bourbons out there.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

Maker's Mark is my go-to bourbon. I also really like Four Roses Small Batch, and Basil Hayden.

In fact, I believe I'll go and pour myself a splash of the Maker's right now. Cheers!

Maker's Mark is good, but not at all interesting. It's the Glock 17 of Bourbons.

I'm making my way through bourbon, too, but at the moment Rowan Creek and Baker's are at the top of the list.

Rowan Creek is probably my favorite, and is relatively cheap, too.

Bulleit, Knob Creek (both regular and single barrel reserve), Four Roses Small Batch, and 1792 Ridgemont Reserve for me. I stopped buying Maker's when they started talking about watering down their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

The correct answer is Scotch.

Site Supporter
    Four Roses small batch is my sipping bourbon.

Another Texas bourbon to try is Ranger Creek .36 Texas bourbon whiskey is excellent.

E.H. Taylor Small Batch. For general sipping, Knobb Creek.

Bulleit isn't bad.
    Knob Creek is my default in terms of price/quality ratio
    Maker's Mark is my acceptable minimum.
    Costco's "Kirkland Signature" is really really good for the price. It's basically Knob Creek, but at $20/liter. This is my general sipping bourbon.

As for the high end, I'm a huge fan of Basil Hayden's. That's an excellent bourbon.

User Tag List