Page 146 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1900

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I have found my Gen5 26 is very sensitive to cartridge size--has a very tight chamber. Remove the barrel and see if the Norma rounds properly fit in the chamber (and can be easily rotated in the chamber).
    Rounds fit and spin freely. Checked with the Norma, some WWB, and HSTs in both the 26 and a 19 barrel.

I figured it was easier to troubleshoot with another 26. Glock will probably release the 26MOS next week now.

Name:  momletsyouhavetwoglocks.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  44.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Two is one and one is none or something like that. As others have mentioned, the whole G26 family is just about the most trouble-free version of the breed. FWIW, my G26s (across generations 2.5,3, and 5) cycle everything I've ever used. That includes USA made ball and HP, imported ammo, and some really sketchy shit from Egypt. The 26.3 even cycled the defective Winchester RA9B that I mentioned in a Winchester QC thread.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I had a Gen4 26 years ago and it was boring reliable like any other Glock. The removal of the finger grooves, and/or the Marksman barrel in the Gen5 simply puts it in another level for myself. I can't think of any handgun I can shoot one-handed better than the 26.5

My Georgia-made gen5 26 has the tightest slide to frame fit of any Glock I have. When I first took the slide off, I thought I was doing something wrong, since it took a bit of extra push to separate the two.

Don't accept the problem. If your LGS sourced the 26 from Davidson's, then do a Davidson's lifetime warranty exchange. Simple as that.

If not, call Glock and since it is new they will most likely send a prepaid shipping label for return, repair or replacement. Don't waste any more ammo on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Don't accept the problem. If your LGS sourced the 26 from Davidson's, then do a Davidson's lifetime warranty exchange. Simple as that.

If not, call Glock and since it is new they will most likely send a prepaid shipping label for return, repair or replacement. Don't waste any more ammo on the problem.

If the malfunctions had continued with the M1152 and S&B, it would be on the way to the mothership today. The problem being isolated to the Norma could simply be a bad lot of ammo. It was also the first box of ammo, so it could have wore down a burr or strong recoil spring. Still have to vet the new 26, so may as well re-vet the 26. At worst, I get to practice clearing malfunctions before letting Glock fix it. At best, it doesn't malfunction again. Plus I'm curious if the Norma will make the NIB G26 choke.

My main issue right now with the 26 is the TLR-6 seems like the "best" WML option.

Hit the range today to vet the new G26 and re-vet the old G26. The old is xxPU and the new xxST serial prefix separating production. I'll refer to them as PU and ST for brevity.

Ammo today was 150 rounds of 2017 Win 9mm NATO, 50 rounds of Win M1152 Service Grade, 50 rounds of Aguila 124FMJ, 50 rounds of said Norma 124FMJ (+ 33 in an 18 mag from same lot), and 20 rounds of 147HST. Four 26 mags with #7 follower and a gen4 17 magazine. All ammo evenly split between the two (san G18 mag) in chronological order:

*Norma 124(33/G18mag) no problems (PU only)
    *M1152 (50) no problems
    *Norma 124 (50): PU has 2 FTFs and ST has 2 FTF (26 mags only)
    *Aguila 124 (50): PU has 3 FTFs and ST has 6 FTF + 2 failure to lock back in last round (26 and 17 mag)
    *Win NATO (150): no problems
    *HST (20): no problems

All malfunctions today were the same in both G26s. The cartridge is loading into the chamber at sharp angle and the end of the feed ramp is getting jammed into the extractor rim on the cartridge.

(Picture taken from reddit. same malfunction, but not my G26)
    Name:  malfunctiontypenotmyglockthough.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  49.9 KB

Accuracy great out of both, but was only shooting at 10 yards today from troubleshooting. Left my silver sharpie so didn't get to mark magazines. Did buy a case of the M1152 because it runs great in both, so I got that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Hit the range today to vet the new G26 and re-vet the old G26. The old is xxPU and the new xxST serial prefix separating production. I'll refer to them as PU and ST for brevity.
    Might have missed it. Have you tried any of the problematic rounds in other known reliable guns, specifically other Gen 5 Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Might have missed it. Have you tried any of the problematic rounds in other known reliable guns, specifically other Gen 5 Glocks?
    I did have a few FRTBs with the Norma 124 in my P365x, all within the same magazine. No issues in 19s or G45. Never buy Aguila except the .22LR in general.

Think I'm going to split the case of M1152 between the two G26s. They run like sewing machines on that and Win M882. Will send down to Smyrna if problems persist and maybe sniff out a used Gen4 26.

Ran 150 rounds of the Norma 124 through one of the 26s today. Ran like a sewing machine even with weak grip and weak hand only. Only negative is I think I need a thinner front sight. The Gen5 OEM 6.1s were dead on and now have a slight leftward group with the Ameriglo Protectors. Thinking a Defoor width with tritium may be ideal.

I had brought 300 rounds to split between both the G26s, but left the other one in the safe. There's a saying about getting old, but I forgot what it was.

User Tag List