Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My stable of S&W's

My stable of S&W's

I've had many others through the years, but here is my current S&W portfolio...

Model 31-1 with Herrett Shooting Ace square butt grips (have original too);
    Model 10-8 with custom 3" slab sided barrel with dovetail front sight;
    Model 15-3 with Altamont grips (also have a pair of Herrett Shooting Star grips). Made in my birth year (1973). Blueing is gorgeous.
    Model 28-2 made in 1966 that my Grandpop gave me in 1985 before he passed away.

Post your S&W portfolio!Name:  IMG_9885.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  87.4 KB

Beautiful collection of revolvers!!!

Site Supporter
    Nice buncha' Smiths you have there! For some reason, I always forget how GOOD those Herrett grips feel on J-Frames and Colt D-Frames. Also wondering who slab-side and did the Dovetailed Front Sight on your Model 10?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Nice buncha' Smiths you have there! For some reason, I always forget how GOOD those Herrett grips feel on J-Frames and Colt D-Frames. Also wondering who slab-side and did the Dovetailed Front Sight on your Model 10?
    Thanks! A local gunsmith at Independence Shooting named Jeff. The gun started out as a 4" heavy barrel police trade in that I picked up for less than $250. I have about $150 worth of work and swapped parts. It gets carried the most out of all my guns and I thought of having it hard chromed with Metalife, but haven't sent it in yet.

Like post…..all of them? 😯

Quote Originally Posted by Biblethumpncop View Post

Model 15-3 with Altamont grips (also have a pair of Herrett Shooting Star grips). Made in my birth year (1973). Blueing is gorgeous.

What sight and doevetail cut did you use on the 10-8? that's exactly what I need to do on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by onehalfmvsquared View Post
    What sight and doevetail cut did you use on the 10-8? that's exactly what I need to do on mine.
    I got it at Amazon and plan to eventually replace it with a night sight in the same height. The height, .170", gives me a POI for 125gr +P at 10 yards. It is for a 1911 and has a tapered base which fits the contour of the barrel rib. I'm glad it worked out because I bought the sight after researching and estimating the height needed, before I took it in to have Jeff customize my gun. It was the first one like this he had done and he did a great job in my opinion. He put a deep target crown on it which was hard to get a picture of. It looks flat cut in the picture but the whole muzzle is recessed/angled in.Name:  IMG_9887.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  19.8 KBName:  IMG_9889.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  24.5 KBName:  IMG_9888.jpg
Size:  23.1 KB

I’ve tried looking for guns made in my birth year, but original flintlocks are hard to come by.

Biblethumpncop:

That is a nice set of S&Ws. The blueing on the Model 15 looks a mile deep. Welcome to the forum!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

I got it at Amazon and plan to eventually replace it with a night sight in the same height. The height, .170", gives me a POI for 125gr +P at 10 yards. It is for a 1911 and has a tapered base which fits the contour of the barrel rib. I'm glad it worked out because I bought the sight after researching and estimating the height needed, before I took it in to have Jeff customize my gun. It was the first one like this he had done and he did a great job in my opinion. He put a deep target crown on it which was hard to get a picture of. It looks flat cut in the picture but the whole muzzle is recessed/angled in.Name:  IMG_9887.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  19.8 KBName:  IMG_9889.jpg
Size:  24.5 KBName:  IMG_9888.jpg
Size:  23.1 KB
    So if I wanted to shoot 158s exclusively I would want a taller sight, correct?

User Tag List