Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta Dawg View Post
    Did you take the striker assembly apart? It could be your striker reset spring is shot. This will cause the striker to protrude. New spring on the left, disintegrated one on the right.Attachment 109374
    Beretta Dawg, what was the round count on your P320 with the compromised striker reset spring?

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Beretta Dawg, what was the round count on your P320 with the compromised striker reset spring?

Best, Jon
    It was only at 3275 live rounds, but I do a ton of dry fire as well. Doing the inspection after cleaning, I noticed the striker was sticking out of the breach face on slide lock. I started breaking it down and found the culprit.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta Dawg View Post
    It was only at 3275 live rounds, but I do a ton of dry fire as well. Doing the inspection after cleaning, I noticed the striker was sticking out of the breach face on slide lock. I started breaking it down and found the culprit.
    I wonder I go dry firing puts more stress on the striker return spring than live fire does?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I wonder I go dry firing puts more stress on the striker return spring than live fire does?
    If you dry practice without anything in the chamber, the striker will protrude further as there is no case/primer to slow/stop it. I've got pics of Glock breachfaces breaking from uncushioned dry practice.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I'm out of sequence for the thread, but here's an introduction to Safariland duty holsters. The light bearing holsters (shown with a Glock blue gun) do seem to be a bit loose as some have claimed:
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you dry practice without anything in the chamber, the striker will protrude further as there is no case/primer to slow/stop it. I've got pics of Glock breachfaces breaking from uncushioned dry practice.
    Makes sense. And thank you for deciphering the gibberish that Apple AI thought I was trying to say…..

I just saw this. Mike Bush was instrumental in developing the Vudoo 22 repeater rifle. He has developed a fire control upgrade for the 320.

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...8-485c294b9030

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I just saw this. Mike Bush was instrumental in developing the Vudoo 22 repeater rifle. He has developed a fire control upgrade for the 320.

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...8-485c294b9030
    I think there are a lot of false assumptions in there.

The primer getting struck by the striker occurs in the slide. Yes, the sear in the FCU releasing the striker is part of this, but the striker must also be released by striker safety lock (part of the striker assembly in the slide). This only occurs after the captive safety lever (part of the FCU) is rotated up. The captive safety lever can only be moved up to engage the captive safety lever with rearward trigger movement.

SIG already has a primary and secondary notch on the sear. The post-2019 guns are almost over engineered not to go off by themselves.

For a post-2019 P320 to go bang the trigger must move rearward.

So the only logical way that guns are going bang in holsters is if something is interacting with the trigger causing it to move rearward.

Because there is no trigger safety (like on a Glock, M&P, VP9, CZ P10, FN 509, or basically any other modern striker fired gun) this takes very little to make happen.

Keep foreign objects (including holster parts) out of the trigger guard and you won't have trigger movement and thus the gun will not go bang without your finger involved.

So nothing talked about here solves the issue of unintentional trigger movement, which is likely the root of the perceived problem with the P320 platform.

Since I know someone will ask and it is relevant (late 2021 armorer manual)...

User Tag List