Page 255 of 260 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Mistakes happen. They're owning it.
    I suspect someone involved with this has been spoken to harshly about forgetting to turn off the “ship to home” option on the website and not specifying the promotion was supposed to be in store only.

When I get to something with a real keyboard and good reception, I’ll relay the story about the goat rope that took place last year during a promotion that was internal to just the employees at my company.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not sure what there is to be mad about. They oversold, refunded and are offering what feels like a sincere apology and a coupon.

I'd give them my business again. Mistakes happen. They're owning it.
    Except they didn't oversell...it's still in stock at a 50% increase in price. I think it's a combination of being overwhelmed with orders (and probably not intending to allow home shipping in the first place) and realizing they can make more $$$ by selling it in store at a higher price and not dealing with the hassle of shipping.

Do I blame them for making a decision that benefits them financially? No. They don't know me, have no obligation to me, and they'll still be able sell that 1k rounds I was going to purchase to someone else locally in their store.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Except they didn't oversell...it's still in stock at a 50% increase in price.
    Point well made/taken...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Well, except they ARE! They have a website, they conduct ONLINE sales & ship product. Did they think they only had LOCAL internet?
    Of course. I said that not honoring the price was pretty shitty. The thing is, outside of the region, no one would even know who they were, or think to order ammo from them, online. I'd wager that 80-90% of their ammo sales are in store, and not online. As someone else said, this was probably intended to be an "in store only" sale, and someone in their IT/online department is probably getting their butt chewed. I wouldn't be surprised if shipping the ammo at that price was a fairly high percentage loss for them. I suspect that is why they are offering in store pickup, honoring the price. They lose big time after shipping. The sale may have been intended as a "loss leader" to get some foot traffic in their stores and drive other sales.

Before you start looking for ropes and lampposts, consider that this store is one of the places local to me that didn't gouge terribly on powder and primers during the panic, hasn't stopped selling guns and ammo (ala WalMart), and is probably more supportive, as a company, of freedom and independent American values, than your average retail business. I would rather support them than someone that hates me, even if they make a mistake.

No offense intended Chomps, but have you considered decaf, or cutting back on the Monster/Redbull/Rockstar intake? You seem a little high strung.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Of course. I said that not honoring the price was pretty shitty.
    They Lied about Not having it in stock in order to cover up & justify their reasons for canceling my order! They took my cc quick enough and took 3 days to inform me of the bullshit cancellation. And immediately after that, they had PLENTY of product IN STOCK for purchase @ their New jacked up price. +50%. F*ck ‘em! 🤷*♂️ Had they been upfront about the “Not for Home Shipping” mistake, Id be more willing to cut some slack. But this was pure greed and deception.

As for the decaf thing? It’s not like im up nights fuming about this PoDunk store from out in BFE! I was angry about my order being canceled. And I was definitely angry about being lied to. But mostly I just responded to these posts and aside from that,.. IDRGAFF! 😎. I’ve got bigger issues to worry about. I am however certain I won’t do any business with them again. They can keep their 20% off coupons!

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up.

They also have the +p for $3 cheaper per box. $29.99.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/feder...124gr-hst-jhp/

Site Supporter
    The order they fulfilled arrived Saturday without any further drama.
    Also received a coupon code for $10 off $50.
    No expiry date noted... but... I'm not likely to use it (since new price is high)... If anyone wants it, PM me. First ask can have it.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-05-2023 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Tense
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    I was just able to order from their website.$10.99/bx and free shipping. They’ll only let you purchase 10 bx/transaction, so I did it twice.
    https://www.calranch.com/norma-9mm-l...fault_products
    Yep. Order was "declined" several days ago. Kindof shady imho.

Site Supporter
    I just ordered a case of New Republic 124 gr from TargetSportsUSA for $245 after taxes. I finally broke down and bought their Ammo+ membership, so I get 8% off and free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/new-...-p-113148.aspx

SGAmmo seems to have raised their prices a bit lately. I've always been very pleased with SG, but I get the feeling they are over-using their newsletter to pump up the panic buying. And it may be working because I've never had this much ammo in my house before!

User Tag List