Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All this sounds like good news. And I really wish Ben wouldn't use stupid and derogatory names, and otherwise act like a 14 year old on 4Chan.
    (or a US president)

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    (or a US president)
    My reaction was, after listening to Trump, that Ben seems like a gracious, thoughtful commentator.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I would say - viewing the situation over the past week, Stoeger is right.

Leighton went too far last week. This week, Mel is gone, Bruce1 has withdrawn his name from nomination as interim A1D, Sherwyn Greenfield has withdrawn from interim A3D, and Jake Martens is changing his tune - and trying to walk it back saying he has only been "gaslighting the board" and toeing the party line, not that he is a true believer.

The rats are abandoning ship.

The next couple of months are pivotal for USPSA, but Leighton has to know his days are numbered. He's looking for a way to deflect it away, but it won't happen. A smart man would resign, quit USPSA, change his phone number, and hire a good attorney. Leighton Ootheusian is not a smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Does anyone know:

Who the current (or interim?) Area 4 Director is, with the resignation of Mel Rodero a couple days ago?

Has USPSA BOD approved a plan to conduct a Special Area Director Election in 2024 to fill the roles of A1, A3 and A4 Directors?
    Name index updated with my assumptions, reflecting what I believe is the current situation. Let me know if I missed something. I did end up adding the concept of "Legacy Board Members".

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-30 07-11-53.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  103.2 KB

All this sounds like good news. And I really wish Ben wouldn't use stupid and derogatory names, and otherwise act like a 14 year old on 4Chan.
    Then we'd know it was a deep fake...

Looks like mediation was not successful in the Rutkowski lawsuit, according the court docket update just posted.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-30 15-50-49.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  20.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Meh, the world is evil and assholes only understand other assholes. Nice guys finish last and get walked over by wolves in sheep's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Meh, the world is evil and assholes only understand other assholes. Nice guys finish last and get walked over by wolves in sheep's clothing.
    I don’t disagree. But there are more effective ways to be an asshole.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So I'll come out and say it, USPSA is over.

Too many clubs have disassociated, or are withholding funds. Too many members have left because of the turmoil related to the board of directors. In order to vote for your area director you must be a USPSA member. The number of eligible members who actually vote has always been small, and now the number of members is smaller still. I don't know that the sport will be able to truly recover. In fact, I kind of doubt it.

-History of poor BOD behavior. (Booting elected directors)
    -Directly encouraging illegal member activity. (Colorado mag laws)
    -Bylaws of questionable legality. (Removing directors, 501C3 issues I believe?)
    -Errors in legal entity status (The corporation ceased to exist legally, didn't it?)
    -Lawsuits against organization. (Rutkowski).
    -Banning of top sport performers (The round of bans that included Stoeger)
    -Consistent Fiscal Loss (or just not even discussing it)
    -Little to no membership influence over full time staff or their actions. (Jake and Donna)
    -Large number of clubs withholding funds
    -Member loss
    -Loss of major sponsors
    -Competing orgs picking up steam

While problematic board members resigning, or being removed for cause, or being out voted on the board will help... I think it's too far gone. Other than the classification system I don't see what USPSA has to offer to the shooter, the club, or at this point the sponsors. The name has been heavily sullied. The shooters can go enjoy IDPA, PCSL, or another sport. The clubs can pick up a new org, or just run outlaw matches. USPSA itself is losing it's draw and the club doesn't get much from it. The sponsors can associate themselves with other organizations that are less problematic, less drama filled, and with growing numbers.

I know guys like Stoeger and others are trying to say that it's not to late for USPSA, but I think it is. PSI is calling for many to not drop their membership so they can vote. But many are going to drop membership anyway. Why work on fixing the org, when they can toss it in the trash and go to a new org? That's kind of the way of the world at this point isn't it? I like USPSA, and if it gets some kind of revitalization and comes back as a solid sport I'll be happy. But I doubt it. At this point I haven't shot a match in well over a year, maybe longer. Mostly due to other commitments, but I really don't feel compelled to either.
    Last edited by Cory; 01-31-2024 at 01:21 PM.

I’m in for the long term. USPSA is my focus for competitive shooting, and I don’t see that changing. I’m cautiously optimistic about the future.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List