Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glover Arrested: Internet Personality Charged With Domestic Violence

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I will throw in my take.

I have never been a big fan and I have literally shaken my head, especially when he says stuff like he said in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGzMZ1DPMEA&t=5s

He tells all his followers how he "operates" in Heber Utah, then tells them he doesn't carry anything but FMJ in his pistol, because hollow points break apart on impact, as well as later saying that when hollow points hit glass they won't penetrate a windshield. He said it just shrapnels and even for a person that is not good. Then he talks about how synthetic bonded ammunition is best because it "displaces energy vertically". Then he talks about what +P means and gets that wrong too.

There is so much that is absolutely wrong in one video it is one of those things where you watch it and sit back and just say "wow" shaking your head.. Not one bit of it is based on fact and is simply based on imagination.

The unfortunate part is that there are thousands of people who will watch the video and think "Oh hey, this guy is a Green Beret/Special Forces guy, so he must really know his stuff. I had better follow his advice and tell all my friends the same."

I have watched some of his other stuff, and I will just say that as a guy who has spent a lifetime in this place we call the Rocky Mountains and some of that includes hunting in some of the nastiest blizzards in the dead of winter, and getting caught in the high desert in some awful storms, I find some of his advice a bit long on theory and short on actual experience. Most the time you don't need a ton of crap and a lifted vehicle or a bugout VW van converted to diesel. You need common sense, a little water and a shovel.

Now with that out of the way. With an eye towards his current mess. I am not going to dogpile. Not knowing what actually happened, not knowing the woman, their relationship, or what led up to the events (if there was one) and how they actually played out, it is hard for me to pass judgment on the guy. From what others are saying, it sounds like Glover may have some personal issues that he needs to deal with, and if that is the case, then I hope he has the opportunity to do so. A LOT of guys came back from overseas with mental health and related dependency issues and struggled with them, or still struggle with them, and trying to deal with them alone did not work for many. I think trying to deal with those things alone, not getting professional help or even seeking help within the buddy circle is what led to such a high rate of suicides among vets and combat vets.

So whatever the actual story is, I hope Mike Glover gets it straightened out and comes out a better person. He served his country, and at the very least deserves to get some help in return.

I wish him well.
    Excellent post.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    This is the guy that complained about the FBI labeling his group a "domestic violent extremism" organization after a bunch of its members went to January 6 to "protect the capital" including 4 who stormed inside.
    Incorrect.

While I agree that whatever Glover’s other issues, the characterization of Glover and his “American Contingency” as a domestic violent extremists by the FBI was erroneous, it occurred months prior to Jan 6th. As detailed by U.S. Rep Jim Jordan.

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/ev...-follow-up.pdf

This 2020 assessment likely has more to do with hiring high IQ but neurodivergent individuals who have difficulty with tone and context than any grand conspiracy. This is something of a problem throughout the intelligence community.

There may well have been some crossover between American contingency members and January 6 writers but correlation is not necessarily causation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Incorrect.

While I agree that whatever Glover’s other issues, the characterization of Glover and his “American Contingency” as a domestic violent extremists by the FBI was erroneous, it occurred months prior to Jan 6th. As detailed by U.S. Rep Jim Jordan.

This 2020 assessment likely has more to do with hiring high IQ but neurodivergent individuals who have difficulty with tone and context than any grand conspiracy. This is something of a problem throughout the intelligence community.

There may well have been some crossover between American contingency members and January 6 writers but correlation is not necessarily causation.
    The ‘tism is strong at the FBI.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I will throw in my take.

I have never been a big fan and I have literally shaken my head, especially when he says stuff like he said in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGzMZ1DPMEA&t=5s

He tells all his followers how he "operates" in Heber Utah, then tells them he doesn't carry anything but FMJ in his pistol, because hollow points break apart on impact, as well as later saying that when hollow points hit glass they won't penetrate a windshield. He said it just shrapnels and even for a person that is not good. Then he talks about how synthetic bonded ammunition is best because it "displaces energy vertically". Then he talks about what +P means and gets that wrong too.

There is so much that is absolutely wrong in one video it is one of those things where you watch it and sit back and just say "wow" shaking your head.. Not one bit of it is based on fact and is simply based on imagination.

The unfortunate part is that there are thousands of people who will watch the video and think "Oh hey, this guy is a Green Beret/Special Forces guy, so he must really know his stuff. I had better follow his advice and tell all my friends the same."
    I knew better than to click on that video. Man,... that was hard to watch.

Jocko interviewed Glover some time back. If Glover's military activities as told in the interview are to be believed, he was a hell of a soldier. I've tried to like some of his Fieldcraft Survival stuff, but mostly it seems like he is just marketing severely over-priced gear.

That said, I too hope he can get things squared away.

PS. I really liked the concept behind the American Contingent, but I was leery of what sort of guys that would attract...
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted.

It's easy to be a backseat driver after something happens ...

https://scienceloom.com/mike-glover-...Utah%20County.

It seems HDC respected Mike Glover's due process in stating there is no judgement on the charges in and of themselves. It seems HDC was merely critiquing Glover's making statements without an attorney present as well as the phone calls from jail when it's obvious they are being recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I believe it. I’ve seen people claiming it’s an FBI frame job.
    There are plenty of people who think a man who plead guilty to multiple federal felonies is being framed (LAV).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I knew better than to click on that video. Man,... that was hard to watch.

Jocko interviewed Glover some time back. If Glover's military activities as told in the interview are to be believed, he was a hell of a soldier. I've tried to like some of his Fieldcraft Survival stuff, but mostly it seems like he is just marketing severely over-priced gear.

That said, I too hope he can get things squared away.

PS. I really liked the concept behind the American Contingent, but I was leery of what sort of guys that would attract...
    I think your take on American contingency is spot on. I think Glover meant well, but did not consider the second and third order effects.

By all accounts Glover was a hell of a soldier, at least until the end of his career.

Jocko and his task unit (including Chris Kyle) have recently come under significant criticism from other service members regarding their actions in Iraq but that should probably be a separate thread.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-12-2024 at 01:13 PM.

Be careful who you follow, who you choose to lionize and call a hero. Many statues have feet of clay.

I won't opine upon the present matter.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think your take on American contingency is spot on. I think Glover meant well, but did not consider the second and third order effects.

By all accounts Glover was a hell of a soldier, at least until the end of his career.

Jocko and his task unit (including Chris Kyle) have recently come under significant criticism from other service members regarding their actions in Iraq but that should probably be a separate thread.
    The jocko thing is wild and has largely been proven incorrect. Jocko has a posted rebuttal

Incorrect.

2020:
    July: FBI analyst flags the newly formed American Contingency
    August: An FBI review of his social media finds Glover hasn't advocated for violence & personally doesn't represent a threat
    Sept-Oct: Glover & American Contingency rhetoric increasingly suggests violence (contrary to the "disaster preparation" branding)

Examples:
    “We are going to see violence across our nation on Nov 2nd. Because, it’s a power vacuum allowing opportunist—name the rogue actor— whether your Marxist-based, anti-fascist based, or just racist based, there’s going to be those cells of insurgents and insurgencies—that’s what they are!”
    "That’s where I pick up an arm and combat you. Because I’m not going to allow my community, my city, my town, my state, my country, my friends, my family to be fucking destroyed because of your radical ideology. Herein lies American Contingency.”
    “A lot of left-wing groups, including a surge in gun sales, have been accumulating ammo, they have been accumulating stockpiles of weapons systems and they have been training, because for them, their D-Day is November 2, leading into the election day. If they go to war with each other, where should you be? I will tell you flatly, you should be standing as a shield and a barrier between evil and good. The good in your home…and the evil outside, which is running amuck.”
    Jan 2021: numerous members of American Contingency attend the Jan 6 riot including 4 who stormed the capitol.
    Jan 2021: American contingency loses credit card processor, web host, and facebook account

User Tag List