Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Single action revolver discusson and general shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Just a FYI, Ruger is building a run of Flattops in 45 Colt convertible, 357 convertible and Bisley 44 Special now for us. It's been a while since they have built any.
    I'll just have work set up a direct deposit with you guys, so I can start paying for a .45 in 5.5" Stainless, and a 4-5/8" .357 in stainless... Might as well.

Just a FYI, Ruger is building a run of Flattops in 45 Colt convertible, 357 convertible and Bisley 44 Special now for us. It's been a while since they have built any.
    FT .357 4 5/8" has been on my want list since the Anniversary model I didn't buy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Nice! Any word on pricing and ETA?

I was surprised to find very few listed anywhere when I was looking for convertibles over the weekend. I didn't realize they'd gone out of production.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My birdshead Vaq is a 5152, a dedicated .45 ACP model (not a convertible.) I’d like a second dedicated .45 ACP 4 5/8” with regular gripframe, but I have no fire in the belly to find one - it would probably have to be custom, I don’t think Ruger ever did one like this.

.45 ACP in a SA makes for a nice combination.
    Is your birdshead a 4 5/8? I thought those were all 3.75-ish? If all you need is a grip frame, Ronnie Wells can get you taken care of.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'll just have work set up a direct deposit with you guys, so I can start paying for a .45 in 5.5" Stainless, and a 4-5/8" .357 in stainless... Might as well.
    I’m in for for the same 2 calibers only both of mine need to be 4 5/8.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is your birdshead a 4 5/8? I thought those were all 3.75-ish? If all you need is a grip frame, Ronnie Wells can get you taken care of.
    Nope, it’s a 3.75” and I love it as is. I’d like a second ACP 4 5/8” Vaq with a regular gripframe, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

You have impeccable timing.

Just this morning I said “Hey! I should log into p-f and bug that guy from Lipseys to see if they are going to have any more Flattop Blackhawks."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Nice! Any word on pricing and ETA?

I was surprised to find very few listed anywhere when I was looking for convertibles over the weekend. I didn't realize they'd gone out of production.
    Back during covid times, It took me a couple years of looking to find my 5.5" Stainless Flat Top Convertible .357... I had given up hope when one popped up semi-locally to me, with a box full of reloading supplies, some ammo, both cylinders, the factory case, and a cowboy style belt/loops/holster rig. The rig is nothing fancy (something made in Mexico IIRC) and I'm too skinny to get it to fit me properly, but everything else has been put to good use. I got a pretty fair price, and I've enjoyed it so far.

I think during covid, they didn't do much in the way of single actions of any sort. Too busy making other guns, I'd guess.

Good news. I bought one of the .44 Spec Flattops, but I missed getting a 4 5/8 Bisley. I’ll have to fix that on this run.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

I’ll just leave this here… BFR 30-30 BISLEY 32” BARREL

Name:  IMG_2368.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  55.8 KB

User Tag List