Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After the 320 was shown to not be drop-safe, I switched to a Shadow 2 for USPSA Production (thanks Cheby). It's been excellent so far, and while I really like the 320, I expect to keep shooting CZ after the safety issues have resolved. I have around 1500 rounds and about 10x that in dryfire. No issues so far. I've only shot one match with this gun, but placed quite well even with the relatively unfamiliar gun. I'm feeling like the Shadow 2 suits me well, and will buy a second gun fairly soon.

BTW, the $10 Shadow 2 OEM trigger return spring appears to be of higher quality than previous models.
    Is the Shadow 2 drop safe? IIRC it doesn't have a drop safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Is the Shadow 2 drop safe? IIRC it doesn't have a drop safety.
    It has the standard half cock notch to catch the hammer if it drops.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @NETim
    The whole gun is nitrided anyway, so it doesn't seem to matter. I didn't want to add potentially unreliable fire control parts. I'm happy with my build so far.
    Sorry if I missed something earlier. What, if anything, have you done to the gun?

Thanks!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

11.5# Hammer spring

11# Recoil spring

Reduced power firing pin spring

CZ Custom Extended firing pin

CGW Reduced power trigger return spring

CGW floating trigger pin

Lok Thin Bogies grips

Springer baseplates
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-15-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That no serious option is a very prevalent and dominant USPSA gun these days.
    For the use discussed in this thread EAA suckage is irrelevant. Tanfos used for the Production get gutted pretty much when they get unboxed. Cause 12-14 lbs stacking DA pulls and stuff. People whittle on them themselves or send them to Bodkin or Henning or PD. Nobody sends them to EAA after the insides were made unrecognizable and chamber was reamed. BTW, Tanfo and Grauffel online store are easily available to us and I bought parts from there, as I bought them from many US vendors.
    Sure,if you have a small frame Witness. Got a large frame and a US address? You can call EAA, or just proceed directly to screwing off .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Just about everything that has been recently imported and is so popular in games, that being Stock 2, 3, Extremes etc, are all large frame guns, with an abundance of sources for OEM and aftermarket parts.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

EAA has improved customer service slightly. There have been many Stock 2 sent out with improperly fitted barrels and some shooters have had success sending the top end in and getting a new slide and barrel. If your lucky enough to get a Stock 2 with a poorly fitted barrel (it's usually the peanut cut where the slide stop/release pin is) that gun will never run correctly (I have one, it is the practice dryfire gun). The Tanfos are sweet shooting guns you just have to buy 3 of them, drop a bunch of parts in them, and hope you get 2 that are reliable because there is a high chance that a Tanfo won't run compared to a CZ. As YVK said, almost all of the EAA Tanfos are large frame in the US and there is probably equal aftermarket support for the large frame Tanfo as compared to CZ. You can get parts from EAA, Ben Stoeger, Wolf, Grauffel, and Patriot Defense.

I don't know what a Shadow 2 is running cost wise, but a Stock 2/3 with all the trigger upgrades will put you around $1200-$1300. With a Bolo interrupter the Stock 2 trigger is as good as my Shadow triggers. The Stock 2 also can have the trigger replaced with an Extreme trigger with less curve that extends trigger reach and break point out 1/8" combined with the stock wood grips makes for probably the best setup I have shot if you have big hands and long fingers which is something that CZ can't do. I held a Shadow 2 and the frame still felt smaller than the Tanfo.

Double post
    Last edited by Leroy; 09-17-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    . I held a Shadow 2 and the frame still felt smaller than the Tanfo.
    Yup. That's a big reason why I like the Shadow 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I held a Shadow 2 and the frame still felt smaller than the Tanfo.
    And yet the trigger reach feels longer on the Shadow 2.

User Tag List